Whiting Town Clerk
The Town Clerk has many duties, required and customary. The Town Clerk is required by law to be the receiver and recorder of the town’s archives. The clerk records deeds related to real estate and private property transactions, files vital statistics information records relating to town business, and records and files the proceedings of the annual and special town meetings.
The Town Clerk is also the main point of contact between the Town and the public. You are invited to address any questions you may have about town government, specifically, or Whiting, in general, to the Town Clerk: Heather Bouchard. Every effort will be made to answer your question(s) or direct your inquires to someone who can.
In Whiting, many of the customary duties and services are outlined below.
Please note that the Whiting Town Clerk maintains records for the Town of Whiting only.
Town Clerk Services, Documents, Links and Forms:
- Absentee Ballots
- Current Use Applications
- Dog Licenses, Fees and Dates
- Green Mountain Passport Application (What is a Green Mountain Passport?)
- Our Whiting, a book by Harold and Elizabeth Webster
- Homestead Declaration Forms, State of Vermont
- Land Records
- Liquor License Applications
- Marriage Licenses (“Getting Married in Vermont” PDF)
- Maps available for viewing in the Town Office, List
- Minutes of Meetings: Annual Town Report, Select Board, Planning Commission
- Property Tax Records, Grand List, Property Surveys, and Tax Maps for the Town of Whiting
- Town Plan
- Vermont Statutes Annotated, Law Books
- Vital Records (Marriage, Birth, Death, Burial)
- Voter Registration “Checklist” Applications
- Zoning and Subdivision Permits and Regulations
Whiting Town Treasurer
In the town of Whiting the Town Clerk is also the Treasurer. The Treasurer is an elected position responsible for managing all of the Town’s financial affairs, including:
- accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll for the General Fund, Equipment Fund, and Reserve Accounts
- posting and deposits of all revenue
- preparation of monthly and annual fiscal reports
- preparation of draft annual budget
- acts as Town Tax Collector
- Town Meeting: Tuesday, March 3rd 7:15pm, at the Town Hall
- Rabies Clinic: TBA
- Dog Registration: Due by April 1st
- Green Up Day: Saturday, May 4th, 2019
- Taxes Due (in hand): Monday, December 2nd, 2019
Accounts Payable and Payroll Checks: Issued twice a month after being approved at the Select Board meeting. Please note that in order for an invoice to be paid, it must be received in the Town Clerk’s office by 5 p.m. the Monday of the Select Board meeting. The Select Board meets the 4th Mondays of the month at 7pm.
Town of Whiting
29 S. Main St.
Whiting, VT 05778