Whiting Shoreham Road is now open!
Town Office Hours
Monday – 7:30 am to 11:00 am and 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Wednesday – 7:30 am – 11:00 am
Appointment Accepted 802-623-7813
Whiting Town Meeting will be on Saturday May 22, 2021 @ 1:00 pm at the Whiting Town Hall.
All Town reports will be mailed by April 22, 2021. If you have any questions you can call Heather Bouchard @623-7813 or 623-8152.
Dog Registration – May 22, 2021 from 12:00 -12:45 before Town Meeting.
The Otter Valley Unified School District Vote will be on Tuesday March 2, 2021 from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm at the Whiting Town Hall (for Whiting residents)
your ballot for this vote is enclosed with this notice. Please return to the Whiting Town clerk or bring to the polling place. If you need a new ballot for any reason, they will be available at the Whiting Town Hall on March 2, 2021.
“Monday September 14th Stickney Rd will be closed from the intersection of North Rd west to the intersection of Barnes Rd for culvert replacement & ditching.” Paul – Road Commissioner
Whiting ZBA Meeting
Wednesday September 9th, 2020 @ 7:30pm
To ZBA Board: Heather Bouchard, Beverly Freeguard, Gary Freeguard, Mike Wilbur and Steve Quenneville
To Adjacent Landowners: Orestes & Veronica Katsantonis, Donner Carr and Patricia Smith.
The ZBA will review a construction project permit for Russell and Shelly Bishop, they are applying for a permit to add an enclosed porch/mudroom on the front of their house. The addition does not meet the 50’ from the road.
Copies of the permit and sketches are available at the Town Office.
The Whiting 2020 Grand List Abstract has been lodged with the town clerk.
View PDF of Warning: 2020 Grievance Warning
TOWN OF WHITING
August 6th, 2020
via Zoom (see details below)
8:00-12:00 and 3:00-7:00
Appeals MUST be in writing and MUST be received by August 6th
YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT, PLEASE CALL TO SCHEDULE.
Stacey: 802-623-6065 or Elizabeth: 802-623-6324 or 802-349-3825
Appeals may be submitted by:
- Hand delivering THE OFFICE IS CLOSED. Bring to the Town Clerk’s Office at 29 S. Main St, Whiting VT 05778 and place it in the letter slot in the door.
- Mailing to: Whiting Listers, Town of Whiting, 29 S. Main St, Whiting, VT 05778
- Submitting online at: Request Grievance Hearing
Grievance forms are available here and if requested will be mailed.
Zoom Grievance Hearing Details
The Town of Whiting Listers are inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TIME, PLEASE CALL TO SCHEDULE.
Attend the Meeting on your computer or smart phone:
Attend the Meeting by calling into the zoom meeting on your telephone:
Meeting ID: 874 8803 6334
If you would like to discuss your property with the listers before August 6th or have any questions, please call Stacey at 802-623-6065 or Elizabeth at 802-623-6324 or 802-349-3825 or email: WhitingListersVT@gmail.com and we will set up a time.
The Whiting Fire Warden has lifted the burn ban for Whiting.
on Wednesday, May 20th from 10-2pm
In response to COVID-19 hardships, the National Guard is coordinating a meal distribution for households in need at the Middlebury Airport (467 Airport Rd, Middlebury) next Wednesday, May 20 that you may be interested in sharing with your community members. Food will include FEMA meal boxes, along with produce, chicken, and dairy products- more details are below.
Schedule: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Each household will receive:
* 2 gallons of milk
* 1 box of meat (10lbs of grilled chicken filet/strip and 10lbs of breaded chicken tenders/patties)
* 1 box of produce (15-25lbs of assorted seasonal vegetables, mostly local)
* 1 box of Cabot dairy products (4lbs cheddar cheese, 1.5lbs American cheese, 2lbs butter
* 1 box of 10-15 FEMA box meals
* Pull up in your car, open your trunk, and the appropriate amount of food will be loaded by members of the Vermont National Guard.
* Please be sure there is plenty of space available in your car for the boxes of food.
* The National Guard requests that you please not bring your pet to ensure their safety while loading MREs into vehicles.
* Those who are ill, have been advised to quarantine, or lack transportation can send a friend or relative to pick up meals for them.
There will be additional events around the state in the coming weeks.
More information here: https://vem.vermont.gov/pods
Thanks for distributing this information!
Andrew W. L’Roe
Emergency Management Planner
Addison County Regional Planning Commission
Whiting ZBA Meeting – Zoning Board
Wednesday May 20, 2020 @ 7:30pm
To: Heather Bouchard, Beverly Freeguard, Gary Freeguard, Mike Wilbur
and Steve Quenneville
The ZBA will review a construction project permit for the Whiting Town
Shed, with respect to setback waivers.
Copies of the permits and sketches are available at the Town Office.