Whiting Town Meeting will be on Saturday May 22, 2021 @ 1:00 pm at the Whiting Town Hall.
All Town reports will be mailed by April 22, 2021. If you have any questions you can call Heather Bouchard @623-7813 or 623-8152.
Dog Registration – May 22, 2021 from 12:00 -12:45 before Town Meeting.
The Otter Valley Unified School District Vote will be on Tuesday March 2, 2021 from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm at the Whiting Town Hall (for Whiting residents)
your ballot for this vote is enclosed with this notice. Please return to the Whiting Town clerk or bring to the polling place. If you need a new ballot for any reason, they will be available at the Whiting Town Hall on March 2, 2021.
In response to COVID-19 hardships, the National Guard is coordinating a meal distribution for households in need at the Middlebury Airport (467 Airport Rd, Middlebury) next Wednesday, May 20 that you may be interested in sharing with your community members. Food will include FEMA meal boxes, along with produce, chicken, and dairy products- more details are below.
Schedule: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Each household will receive:
* 2 gallons of milk
* 1 box of meat (10lbs of grilled chicken filet/strip and 10lbs of breaded chicken tenders/patties)
* 1 box of produce (15-25lbs of assorted seasonal vegetables, mostly local)
* 1 box of Cabot dairy products (4lbs cheddar cheese, 1.5lbs American cheese, 2lbs butter
* 1 box of 10-15 FEMA box meals
* Pull up in your car, open your trunk, and the appropriate amount of food will be loaded by members of the Vermont National Guard.
* Please be sure there is plenty of space available in your car for the boxes of food.
* The National Guard requests that you please not bring your pet to ensure their safety while loading MREs into vehicles.
* Those who are ill, have been advised to quarantine, or lack transportation can send a friend or relative to pick up meals for them.