The Whiting Fire Warden has lifted the burn ban for Whiting.
on Wednesday, May 20th from 10-2pm
In response to COVID-19 hardships, the National Guard is coordinating a meal distribution for households in need at the Middlebury Airport (467 Airport Rd, Middlebury) next Wednesday, May 20 that you may be interested in sharing with your community members. Food will include FEMA meal boxes, along with produce, chicken, and dairy products- more details are below.
Schedule: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Each household will receive:
* 2 gallons of milk
* 1 box of meat (10lbs of grilled chicken filet/strip and 10lbs of breaded chicken tenders/patties)
* 1 box of produce (15-25lbs of assorted seasonal vegetables, mostly local)
* 1 box of Cabot dairy products (4lbs cheddar cheese, 1.5lbs American cheese, 2lbs butter
* 1 box of 10-15 FEMA box meals
* Pull up in your car, open your trunk, and the appropriate amount of food will be loaded by members of the Vermont National Guard.
* Please be sure there is plenty of space available in your car for the boxes of food.
* The National Guard requests that you please not bring your pet to ensure their safety while loading MREs into vehicles.
* Those who are ill, have been advised to quarantine, or lack transportation can send a friend or relative to pick up meals for them.
There will be additional events around the state in the coming weeks.
More information here: https://vem.vermont.gov/pods
Thanks for distributing this information!
Andrew W. L’Roe
Emergency Management Planner
Addison County Regional Planning Commission
The following events/meetings have been cancelled. A notice will be posted if/when they are rescheduled. If you have something to add please let us know: email@example.com