Whiting Town Meeting will be on Saturday May 22, 2021 @ 1:00 pm at the Whiting Town Hall.
All Town reports will be mailed by April 22, 2021. If you have any questions you can call Heather Bouchard @623-7813 or 623-8152.
Dog Registration – May 22, 2021 from 12:00 -12:45 before Town Meeting.
The Otter Valley Unified School District Vote will be on Tuesday March 2, 2021 from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm at the Whiting Town Hall (for Whiting residents)
your ballot for this vote is enclosed with this notice. Please return to the Whiting Town clerk or bring to the polling place. If you need a new ballot for any reason, they will be available at the Whiting Town Hall on March 2, 2021.
Whiting ZBA Meeting
Wednesday September 9th, 2020 @ 7:30pm
To ZBA Board: Heather Bouchard, Beverly Freeguard, Gary Freeguard, Mike Wilbur and Steve Quenneville
To Adjacent Landowners: Orestes & Veronica Katsantonis, Donner Carr and Patricia Smith.
The ZBA will review a construction project permit for Russell and Shelly Bishop, they are applying for a permit to add an enclosed porch/mudroom on the front of their house. The addition does not meet the 50’ from the road.
Copies of the permit and sketches are available at the Town Office.
OR Attend the Meeting by calling into the zoom meeting on your telephone:
Meeting ID: 874 8803 6334
If you would like to discuss your property with the listers before August 6th or have any questions, please call Stacey at 802-623-6065 or Elizabeth at 802-623-6324 or 802-349-3825 or email: WhitingListersVT@gmail.com and we will set up a time.
In response to COVID-19 hardships, the National Guard is coordinating a meal distribution for households in need at the Middlebury Airport (467 Airport Rd, Middlebury) next Wednesday, May 20 that you may be interested in sharing with your community members. Food will include FEMA meal boxes, along with produce, chicken, and dairy products- more details are below.
Schedule: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Each household will receive:
* 2 gallons of milk
* 1 box of meat (10lbs of grilled chicken filet/strip and 10lbs of breaded chicken tenders/patties)
* 1 box of produce (15-25lbs of assorted seasonal vegetables, mostly local)
* 1 box of Cabot dairy products (4lbs cheddar cheese, 1.5lbs American cheese, 2lbs butter
* 1 box of 10-15 FEMA box meals
* Pull up in your car, open your trunk, and the appropriate amount of food will be loaded by members of the Vermont National Guard.
* Please be sure there is plenty of space available in your car for the boxes of food.
* The National Guard requests that you please not bring your pet to ensure their safety while loading MREs into vehicles.
* Those who are ill, have been advised to quarantine, or lack transportation can send a friend or relative to pick up meals for them.
Contact Becky Bertrand 349-9468 and Heather Bouchard 623-8152
With so many closings and the Governor’s “stay home, stay safe” order, Green Up Vermont is unable to distribute Green Up Day supplies until the first week in May. Town coordinators will be communicating how people can pick up bags safely with social distance, along with plans for trash collection on May 30.
With Covid-19 and the precarious health situations in our world today, please use logical precautions and stay informed on what the Vermont Dept. of Health is recommending. Visit http://www.greenupvermont.org for information on safety, ways to communicate, and other fun information. Thank you to all who get out and Green Up to keep our state looking beautiful as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of Green Up Day.
An easy way to support Green Up Vermont is on line 23 of your Vermont Tax Form.
Birthday Boxes (our special gifts to you) for all towns will be delivered to Town Offices in mid May.