on Wednesday, May 20th from 10-2pm
In response to COVID-19 hardships, the National Guard is coordinating a meal distribution for households in need at the Middlebury Airport (467 Airport Rd, Middlebury) next Wednesday, May 20 that you may be interested in sharing with your community members. Food will include FEMA meal boxes, along with produce, chicken, and dairy products- more details are below.
Schedule: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Each household will receive:
* 2 gallons of milk
* 1 box of meat (10lbs of grilled chicken filet/strip and 10lbs of breaded chicken tenders/patties)
* 1 box of produce (15-25lbs of assorted seasonal vegetables, mostly local)
* 1 box of Cabot dairy products (4lbs cheddar cheese, 1.5lbs American cheese, 2lbs butter
* 1 box of 10-15 FEMA box meals
* Pull up in your car, open your trunk, and the appropriate amount of food will be loaded by members of the Vermont National Guard.
* Please be sure there is plenty of space available in your car for the boxes of food.
* The National Guard requests that you please not bring your pet to ensure their safety while loading MREs into vehicles.
* Those who are ill, have been advised to quarantine, or lack transportation can send a friend or relative to pick up meals for them.
There will be additional events around the state in the coming weeks.
More information here: https://vem.vermont.gov/pods
Thanks for distributing this information!
Andrew W. L’Roe
Emergency Management Planner
Addison County Regional Planning Commission
Whiting ZBA Meeting – Zoning Board
Wednesday May 20, 2020 @ 7:30pm
To: Heather Bouchard, Beverly Freeguard, Gary Freeguard, Mike Wilbur
and Steve Quenneville
The ZBA will review a construction project permit for the Whiting Town
Shed, with respect to setback waivers.
Copies of the permits and sketches are available at the Town Office.
PDF of Warning
Green Up Day Postponed to May 30.
Contact Becky Bertrand 349-9468 and Heather Bouchard 623-8152
With so many closings and the Governor’s “stay home, stay safe” order, Green Up Vermont is unable to distribute Green Up Day supplies until the first week in May. Town coordinators will be communicating how people can pick up bags safely with social distance, along with plans for trash collection on May 30.
With Covid-19 and the precarious health situations in our world today, please use logical precautions and stay informed on what the Vermont Dept. of Health is recommending. Visit http://www.greenupvermont.org for information on safety, ways to communicate, and other fun information. Thank you to all who get out and Green Up to keep our state looking beautiful as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of Green Up Day.
An easy way to support Green Up Vermont is on line 23 of your Vermont Tax Form.
Birthday Boxes (our special gifts to you) for all towns will be delivered to Town Offices in mid May.
Follow and share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/GreenUpVermont/posts/?ref=page_internal
Follow and share on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/greenupvermont/
Watch for the Green Up Newsletter this week. Call (802) 522-7245 or email email@example.com with any questions, anytime. Being safe and communication is most important during this time.
Thank you for all you do!
Green Up Vermont
PO Box 1191
14-16 Baldwin Street
Montpelier, VT 05601-1191
O: 802-229-4586 | C: 802-522-7245