The Agency of Natural Resources (ANR) hereby provides public notice of the draft General Permit 3-9040 for Stormwater Discharges from the Municipal Roads. The draft MRGP General Permit covers stormwater discharges from all municipal roads, Classes 1-4.
Upon issuance of the final MRGP, municipalities are required to submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to the Agency by July 31, 2018 to obtain coverage under the MRGP.
The public is invited to provide written comment on the draft MRGP through the close of business (4:30pm) on October 27, 2017.
Written comments on the draft MRGP should be emailed to Jim Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
DEC Stormwater Program
1 National Life Drive, Main 2
Montpelier, VT 05620-3522
Public information meetings will be held on the following dates, times, and locations:
- Tuesday October 10, 2017 from 6:00-8:00, Central Vermont Regional Planning Commission office, 29 Main Street Suite 4 Montpelier
- Wednesday October 11, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 Johnson Town Offices, 293 Lower Main Street (Route 15) Johnson
- Monday October 16, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 Martin Memorial Building, Ascutney
- Tuesday October 17, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 Brandon Town Hall, 1 Conant Square, Brandon
- Wednesday October 18, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 Northern Vermont Development Association, 36 Eastern Avenue St. Johnsbury
A copy of the MRGP and related documents may be downloaded from:
Hard copies of the draft General Permit and related documents may be obtained upon request. Requests and questions should be sent to the email above or directed to 802-490-6140.
VT Stormwater Program