Whiting Planning Commission
The Planning Commission has authority to plan for the future needs of the communities, which may be addressed in drafting and maintaining a current municipal plan and identifying tools, regulatory and non-regulatory, to implement the plan.
In support of that role, the planning commission has powers to:
- prepare and recommend a capital budget
- undertake capacity studies and make recommendations on matters of land development, urban renewal, transportation, and economic and social development
- require information from other departments of the municipality that relates to the work of the planning commission
- participate in a regional planning program
- retain staff and consultant assistance, and
- perform such other tasks as it may deem necessary or appropriate to fulfill the duties and obligations imposed by Chapter 117 of Title 24.
The planning commission solicits public input, weighs options and makes policy decisions, some of which will chart the future of the community and which may eventually have the force and effect of law. It endeavors to represent all members and interests of the community.
To get on the Planning Commission agenda call the Town Clerk at 802-623-7813 or email the Planning Commission at PlanningCommission@WhitingVT.com
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TOWN OF WHITING
29 S MAIN ST
WHITING VT 05778
The Zoning Board of Adjustment will convene a public hearing starting at 7:30pm on Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at the Town Clerk’s office to consider an application by Robert Butterfield to replace concrete steps to the front door with a wooden deck with steps and rails which requires a setback waiver.
The application is available for inspection at the Town Clerk’s Office. Interested parties who wish to be heard at the hearing may so in person or may be represented by an agent or attorney.
Communications relating to the application may be filed in writing to the Board either before or during the hearing.
Participation in the hearing is necessary to establish status as in “interested person” and the right to appeal a decision rendered in that hearing. (24 V.S.A. ) 117 Sect 4465(b) and 4471(a).
Zoning Board of Adjustment
Heather Bouchard, 2021
Tracy Simonds, 2019
Bob Wood, 2020
Beverly Freeguard, 2020
29 S. Main St.
Whiting, VT 05778