Whiting Planning Commission Meeting
Wednesday, Sept 6th, 2017 7:30pm
Agenda and Warning
Planning Commission Members:
Steve Quenneville, Tracy Simonds, Bev Freeguard, Heather Bouchard, Bob Wood
ACRPC Rep-Ellen Kurrelmeyer
- Review last meeting’s minutes for accuracy.
- Discuss Brent Wilbur’s Community Solar Project and make recommendations to designate this area as a “preferred site”, with or without conditions.
- Any other business deemed necessary
Link to Meeting Warning
BCA Meeting Warning and Agenda
Date: August 28, 2017
Time: 6:45PM (15 minute meeting)
Select Board, JP, Town Clerk
The BCA must complete a review of the entire checklist by September 15th of this year and are
required to certify to the Secretary of State Office that the review has been completed.
If you cannot attend, please call the Town Clerk
NOTICE OF BOARD OF CIVIL AUTHORITY HEARINGS
Pursuant to the provisions of 32 V.S.A. §4404(b), notice is hereby given that the Board of Civil Authority within and for the town of Whiting will on the 19th day of July, at 7:00 o’clock in the PM, meet at Whiting Town Office in said town to hear appeals of persons, or other parties, who are aggrieved by the action of the board of listers and have timely filed their written appeal with the town clerk. Hearings will continue as scheduled with appellants until all parties are heard.
Board of Civil Authority
by Gale Quenneville, clerk
Date July 10, 2017
Copy: Three Public Places Board Members, Town Agent, Chairperson, Board of Listers
Michael Bertrand – Appellant
* 32 V.S.A. §4404(b) states: The town clerk forthwith shall call a meeting of the board to hear and determine such appeals, which shall be held at such time, not later than 14 days after the last date allowed for notice of appeal, and at such place within the town as he or she shall designate. Notice of such time and place shall be given by posting a warning therefor in three or more public places in such town, and by mailing a copy of such warning, postage prepaid, to each member of the board, the agent of the town to prosecute and defend suits, the chairman of the board of listers and to all persons so appealing.
TOWN OF WHITING
2017 Grievance Hearings
Dates for Grievance Hearings 2017: Tuesday, June 13th and Tuesday, June 20th. Appointments will be available in the morning, afternoon, and evening on those dates. Please let us know which date and time you prefer. All hearings are complete on the evening of June 20th.
You may also meet with the Lister Board before these dates, the Board is legally allowed to consider a property owners concerns outside of an official hearing.
You may request a Grievance Hearing by any of the following methods:
You may just write your Request for Grievance on a piece of paper, but please include the following information:
- Property Owner(s) Name
- Mailing Address
- Property Address
- Contact Phone Number
- Reason for Appeal
OR Here is a form to print and fill out to Request a Grievance Hearing. PDF of Grievance Hearing Application
BASIS FOR APPEAL: Please provide a brief statement of why you feel your assessment is incorrect. If you are relying on sales data, please list sales which support your proposed value for the property. If you feel you are disproportionately assessed, please list those neighboring properties which you are using for comparison. If your property is a commercial property you will receive an income and expense form to complete and fill out with your application.
Handy booklet from the Secretary of States’ office about Appealing your Tax Assessment (Grievance Hearing).
Here is the final Otter Valley Unified Union School District Warning as signed by the OVUU Chair and District Clerk. Please post accordingly, along with your respective voter lists as you do with your own Town District Warnings. Please note, the OVUUSD Annual meeting is March 1, 2017…
OVUUSD Warning PDF
Due to weather conditions there will be no Select Board meeting this evening.
The meeting will be held the following Monday 2/20 at 7pm at the Town Clerk’s Office.
ANNUAL TOWN MEETING WARNING
The legal voters of the Town of Whiting Vermont are hereby warned and notified to meet at the Town Hall, in said Whiting on Tuesday March 7, 2017 at 7:00pm to transact the following business:
ARTICLE I: To elect a Moderator for the ensuing year.
ARTICLE II: The receive and act upon the report of the Town Officers.
ARTICLE III: Will the Town elect the Officers as required by law in the following order:
- Town Clerk for 3 years. -incumbent Gale Quenneville
- Town Treasurer for 3 years. -incumbent Gale Quenneville
- Road Commissioner for 1 year. -incumbent Paul Quesnel
- Select Board Member for 3 years. -incumbent Steve Quenneville
- Lister for 3 years. -incumbent Stacey Freeguard
- Auditor for 3 years. -incumbent Marcia King
- Collect of Delinquent Taxes for 1 year. -incumbent Marilyn Chicoine
- Library Trustee for 3 years. -incumbent John Travis (vacant)
- Library Trustee for 3 years. -incumbent Tammy Wilbur
- Library Trustee for 2 years. -incumbent Tara Trudo
- First Constable for 1 year. -incumbent Michael Dame
- Second Constable for 1 year. -incumbent Rusty Brigham
- Town Juror for 1 year. -incumbent Grace Simonds
- Town Agent for 1 year. -incumbent Grace Simonds
ARTICLE IV: Will the Town give the Delinquent Tax Collector the power to collect delinquent taxes?
ARTICLE V: Shall the Town authorize the Treasurer to collect real property taxes to the Treasurer on or before December 1, 2017? (postmarks not accepted)
ARTICLE VI: Will the Town appropriate $351,923 expenses and indebtedness of the town of which $227,941 will come from taxes?
ARTICLE VII: To transact any other nonbinding business deemed necessary and proper when met.
A. The Selectboard would like to discuss the possibility of an ordinance to allow ATVs on secondary roads (with provisions).
Select Board Chair: Bob Wood
(For the Signed Warning see link above.)