Backyard Woods Program
A course for Vermont homeowners interested in caring for their woods
- Do you own less than 25 acres?
- Are you interested in becoming a more active steward of your woods?
Then you may be interested in the Backyard Woods Program!
The Backyard Woods Program is an online course targeted at teaching homeowners with 25 acres or less about their woods and how they can be caretakers of it! Whether you own 2 acres or 20 acres, this program will help you make the most out of the woods in your backyard!
- The online course starts Sept. 24 and runs through Nov. 3.
- Participants will also be invited to an in-person Backyard Woods field walk (TBD).
- This course is composed of 4 online sections. Each section has videos, webinars, and activities aimed at helping you develop a stewardship action plan with a project schedule.
Self-Paced: This online course is self-paced and all activities are to be completed on your own schedule during the course, with the exception of the live webinars and in-person walks. The course schedule is intended to keep you on track to complete the course in 6 weeks. This flexibility allows you to complete all activities and watch videos when you have time each week. You can expect to spend 1.5-3 hours each week on the course.
Registration: The course costs $30 per family, before September 16, or $40 (on September 17 or afterwards). Learn more and register at vtcommunityforestry.org.
Questions? Contact Gwen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-651-8343.
To request a disability-related accommodation to participate in this program, please contact Gwen Kozlowski, email@example.com, at 802-651-8343 or 1-800-571-0668, bySeptember 3, 2018, so we may assist you.
|GWEN KOZLOWSKI | Outreach & Education Coordinator
VT Urban & Community Forestry Program
802-651 -8343, Ext 506 │ www.vtcommunityforestry.org